1. On line learning materials have pre-recorded audio and video clip lessons which a candidate can play as often as in necessary. These plenaries are followed by assessments which can be done online
2. Practical observation on self directed learning based on what the lesson tells. Meaning that at times a lesson session on video pre recorded may ask you to go and carry out piece of practical task and record your findings. These are then evidenced by yourself in either a report or video or audio recording accompanied by a withness statement. A witness statement comes from a person who supervised you or you worked with when you undertook that task.
3. Classroom based teaching employs methods of teaching that range from group activities, lecturers, professional discussions, debates, and the classical tutorials. All the methods involves the use of differentiation. Differentiation is a process of teaching which takes into consideration the learner needs, represented in the class of students. The method is more effective if students did give their true reflection of how they learn during the initial assessment.
4. City and object orientated visits. These are tours organised by the college which allows students to have exposure to and object of interest from which certain lessons can be learnt. Students will draw their own conclusion and also as guided by the assessment criteria wherever possible. For example in tourism focussed business studies we may ask candidates accompanied by appropriate staff to go see the river Thames and explore how money is made on this natural tourist attraction.
5. Effective use of methods that allow people with learning needs are used with the given information. Candidates for example who declare early some of the learning needs their lessons are designed such that thiose aspects that make them learn better are included in the lesson plan and used effectively. The choice of the learning environment is set carefully to enable the learners enjoy the lessons and learn effectively.
Overall our teaching methods are student focussed so that we deliver a service that is effective and productive for the student and also for the college.
We look forward to seeing you as you join the college. To apply please click here